Vow: a solemn promise or assertion
Clearly marriage vows are the obvious one but you could also vow allegiance to a country or to serve a monarchy or ruler. There are a variety of or organisations you can join and or jobs that involve taking a vow but vows don’t have to be official or pubic.
We often makes vows as children to our best friends or friendship groups. Young lovers vow to always be together. We vow to find out the truth or exact revenge. We vow to survive or to help.
People vow to give things up and they vow to stick to things. I swear I will do yoga every day for a year…
So what does this word make you think of? Maybe you have a story in your head that involves someone taking a vow. Who did they make their promise to. Or maybe you want to write your life. Maybe you took vows and broke them. Maybe you are nervous to take vows because it seems to absolute.
What is the problem with vows? Do they need to be adapted as things change or can vow your took years ago still stand today?
As always let the prompt inspire you in whatever way works for you and reveal your revelations here this week!
- Revelations will open on a Sunday and stay open until the following Sunday
- The prompt is optional but you must add the badge to your post if you want to join in
- Please read the rules before posting to make sure your post complies with the rules
- You can find a list of upcoming prompts on the homepage
- Enter into the community spirit and try to visit at least one other blogger on the list.